Tuesday 6 August 2019

Dead Fly City...

Sophie had an early start this morning as she was off to London for a training course. She got up at about 4.30am and woke me at 5.15am so I could take her to Thrapston. We set off and the sun hadn't yet risen...it doesn't seem long ago that it was bright and sunny at 5am! Sunrise must be about 5.30am at the moment and it soon appeared looking like a big satsuma in the sky.

I dropped Sophie off and this time her manager answered promptly, thank goodness. I drove home, had a big mug of coffee and then showered before taking Mike to work. Work wasn't quite so bad today but we were still busy and there was lots to do.

I was able to go straight home at 2pm and what a lovely feeling that was! I decided to make use of the extra time and I gave the conservatory a really good clean. We have Sarah and Liam coming around for dinner on Saturday night so I wanted everything to look clean! It was very hot working under the glass and Keith and I decided to shift the furniture around and move the computer back into the "study" to give us some extra space. There were dead flies everywhere even though Sophie had given the place a good clean when Daisy and Laura came over a couple of weeks ago!

We had nearly finished when Sophie texted me to say she was at Huntingdon train station so we dropped everything to go and get her. Back home I tidied away and we had a simple supper of soup and crusty bread which was a relief as none of us felt like cooking anything! Afterwards we sampled some baklava that Sophie had bought in a shop in London. It was terribly sweet, but delicious!


No comments: