Wednesday 7 August 2019

More cleaning!

I have to confess to going back to sleep this morning as I felt really tired, especially after our early start yesterday! I saw Sophie off to the gym and Keith stayed in bed as well because Mike was out at a friend's house, so neither of us had to get up!

I had a lovely lie-in and felt ready to face more cleaning! I decided to clean the windows of the conservatory and Keith came out to help me. It was a lovely day with scudding clouds and a breeze and we worked until lunchtime, clearing away dead leaves, bird mess and general dirt. I can't remember the last time we cleaned the windows!

After having showers we drove into town and had a coffee and sausage roll at the Costa next to Waitrose. We then called into Jones's where I bought yet more fat snax, some new wine glasses and a few other bits. Whilst in there we saw the very beginnings of their Christmas displays...it's only the 7th August!


I was tempted by some of the Christmas cards as I love the Peter Pauper Press range. However, I wasn't moved by the designs so I might wait to see if they bring any more out nearer to Christmas. Phew! A close escape!

Before getting Mike from work we called into B&Q, and to our dismay learned that the tiles we have in our en-suite are no longer available in the store. We have two spare, but a third tile is now cracked and we were hoping to buy a box so we had replacements. We searched high and low but couldn't find them, which was a real blow.

We arrived minutes before Mike finished as there was a big play event going on in Abington Park and there wasn't a parking space to be had. As soon as we got home I went out and mowed the front verge and swept up all the leaves, a fruitless task I think, as we're forecast to have high winds at the weekend! I chatted to Lynn and she gave us loads of courgettes from her allotment. We just need to think up some recipes to use them!

After an early dinner Sophie and I went off to the cinema and saw Rory's Way, about a man travelling to San Francisco to see his son and grandson and to seek medical treatment. We didn't see as much of San Francisco as I hoped but we both enjoyed the film, even though it was a little sad at the end.

At 9.30pm when we emerged, it was dark. Autumn is on its way!

No comments: