Wednesday 21 August 2019

A bad day...

Today started off really well and we took Sophie to work at 8am before driving my car over to Broughton for its MOT test. We then headed straight for Kettering and I treated Keith to breakfast in the new Costa by Aldi.

We did some shopping and I bought a Brita filter in Aldi in an attempt to cut down on the amount of bottled water we buy every week. I really don't like the taste of tap water so I was hoping I could have this instead of taking bottled water to work. It fits neatly in the door of the fridge so it will be lovely and chilled.

We headed home where I decided to tidy up the gravel garden. A while ago (I can't remember when) we cut down a load of bushes and they'd been left lying on the ground. I cleared all that away and had a good tidy up before mowing the lawn and sorting out the borders. As soon as I started turning the soil over, the robin appeared!






Monty kept me company and I sat and had my lunch in the garden, which was lovely!

Contemplating life as a cat...
While I was out in the garden Keith had called Sophie's insurance company as they had left a message for her. It turned out that as she hadn't informed them that she was no longer a student and was working, they'd worked out her policy had gone up by £52...Keith had to pay over the phone, which was really annoying! How did they come to that figure? £30 of it was "admin" which is a rip-off!

Keith went to get Mike from work and while he was gone the garage phoned to say that my car had failed its MOT because one of the front tyres was faulty. We went over to collect it and as there was a queue of people waiting to collect their cars, I said to Keith I'd go and get Sophie in her car. The A43 was jammed up as there had been roadworks taking place all afternoon so I went the back road and almost witnessed an accident on the Pytchley crossroads. This seems to be a blackspot and a car coming from the direction of the A43 and turning right, nearly hit an oncoming car despite it being mere yards away. He then pulled out in front of me!

I made it down to Sophie's workplace in one piece and we headed home where I booked our car hire for Mallorca and the parking at Stansted for our car. We also checked in and printed off our boarding passes.

Unfortunately, over dinner we had a bit of a family argument and mealtimes are rapidly becoming warzones in our house at the moment. Perhaps it's because all of us have quite strong opinions and the children are no longer "children". Let's hope tomorrow is better!

No comments: