Saturday 24 August 2019

Sunny Saturday!

Mike was working overtime today and started at 9am so Keith dropped him off before going shopping. Sophie also went to the gym and while they were both out I had a quick tidy up.

It's been very warm today with temperatures hovering around 30c! Normally, on a Bank Holiday weekend, we'd go to the local beer festival at The White Horse, but this year things have changed slightly with our friends so no-one has suggested it!

When Keith arrived home with the shopping I asked him if we could take the garden rubbish to the tip - we had three bags and a whole wheelie bin full of branches and prunings - and I'd been meaning to go for ages.

It was surprisingly quiet there and we were able to get rid of all the waste in one fell swoop! My car was covered in garden bits so I did a quick hoover when I got home before going to have a shower.

In the afternoon Sophie and I went to The Daily Bread Co-operative in town as I'd always wanted to go and I'd heard there was a nice cafe! We had a cup of tea and a substantial slice of coffee and walnut cake first before walking over to the cool and airy shop where they sold vegan, vegetarian and whole foods. We soon spotted some delicious foods and I also bought some biodegradable make-up remover wipes as I feel guilty for throwing so many away.

Sophie picked out some lovely foods and we also spotted some smoked garlic that instantly took me back to rural France. Bliss! There is also a garden centre on the complex but I decided to leave that until another time. The time is coming for winter pansies so we will be back!

From the Daily Bread Co-operative we went to Boots where I bought my Mum some heat patches for her sore knee. Sophie had an appointment at Virgin for a beauty treatment so I sat in the car and waited and then we popped to see Mum and Dad. We put the stocking on my Mum's knee and applied the heat patches while she rested her leg. It was lovely to sit and chat for a while with a cold Pimms and some snacks.

Back home Keith barbecued this evening but there was only the three of us as Mike had gone to stay with Abbie. We sat in the garden and it was heavenly - I really feel like I've made the most of our sunny day today!

No comments: