Friday 16 August 2019

Another Friday...yippeee!

Again, I was very glad it was Friday when Sophie woke me up at 6am this morning! I really don't think that it's a good time for me to wake up and I always feel horrible for the first ten minutes!

I took Mike to work this morning and my shift was a quiet one. It meant that I was able to catch up with all my work and I checked the opening times for the centres for the upcoming Bank Holiday Monday.

At 2pm I left and popped into Lidl as they are selling re-usable vegetable and fruit bags. I bought two packs of two so that should save a little bit of plastic when Keith goes to the supermarket! I sat and waited for Mike and he came out of work at 3pm with Abbie who was spending the night with us and having dinner. As she's vegetarian, Sophie elected to make a big veggie curry!

The weather had worsened this afternoon and the rain started to pour down. We took Keith to the pub as it was really hammering down and then Sophie and I watched a very good episode of "Remarkable Places to Eat" with Fred Sirieix and Michel Roux. The food made our mouths water!

Sophie's curry was delicious and it felt very cosy sitting in the conservatory with the candles lit and listening to the rain lashing down outside. Abbie and Mike went out with some friends and Sophie and I watched a very good documentary on Woodstock, which I found fascinating!

No comments: