Monday 5 August 2019

A cat called Fridge!

I had 20 minutes extra sleep this morning as we didn't have to wake MIke up at 6am. It makes all the difference!

Keith took me to work and I had a very busy morning - the calls were non-stop again and I had to deal with numerous membership cancellations, so my desk was covered in paperwork! I nearly had to send the cancellations off to another department but curiously, we had a lull and I managed to get them all completed. It would have helped if we'd had a third member of staff to help but she called in sick...!

At 2pm Keith picked me up and we drove to Wickes to buy the tiles for our bathroom. We needed fourteen boxes and they weighed 20kg each so they were a big load for my poor car. We spread them out in the boot and put some on the back seat. I then gingerly drove to collect Mike from work and managed to park opposite. There was a lovely cat sitting on the pavement and he was very friendly indeed! A little while later a woman walked past and we got chatting - she told me his name was Fridge! Apparently, he loves lying under the cars parked on the street but I would have been worried about him straying across the road if he was my cat.

We collected Mike and I drove very carefully home - it felt like the car's nose was pointing up in the air. It was a relief to get home and store them all in the garage!

No comments: