Thursday 1 August 2019

A difficult morning!

I was supposed to be working with Sue this morning and she arrived at work, but another member of staff also arrived - they had swapped shifts! Poor Sue had to go home knowing she was coming back at 2pm!

We had quite a difficult shift today when I had to tell a parent that their child was too young to attend our playscheme. She was very calm at first but then rang back and refused to get off the phone until we had arranged alternative childcare for her. As that wasn't possible, we had a bit of a standoff! I had to put the phone down on her in the end, and she promptly just called back and spoke with Denise who I was working with! In the end we sorted something out but I was not happy to have been on the end of the phone with her!

I also received another rant down the phone just before my shift ended so I was mightily glad to get out at 3pm! Mike had gone to see a friend so we could go straight home...bliss!

No comments: