Wednesday 14 August 2019

A delightful interlude!

Yesterday evening, in the car, I asked Sophie whether there was something going on in the heavens for me as everything I try and do at the moment is hard work. Even getting somewhere in the car is difficult! My life is blighted by little irritations, which are getting on my nerves!

She found something on the internet about Saturn being retrograde and as that's my planet, it might explain a lot of things! The good news is that it ends in September, just before we go on holiday!

The little irritations were alive and well this morning when we went to Tesco at Wellingborough. We'd visited B&Q to buy a box of the tiles we needed (we found them!) and after visiting the train station (I didn't know the town even had one) and going back to where Keith used to work, I suggested going to the store to have a bite to eat and to get something for dinner tonight. I was expecting a Costa but the cafe was operated by Tesco itself, a rare thing these days! I ordered two sausage sandwiches and a tea and coffee and we sat and waited. I found the store quite depressing and outside it was pouring with rain, so that didn't help!

Our breakfast arrived and I wouldn't have served the sandwiches to a dog. No thought or care had been taken with them, just two thin sausages slapped on some tasteless white bread. Horrible! We goomily ate them and then went to do some shopping, but we quickly discovered they didn't have a pharmacy, something we needed as we wanted to get Mike some medication for his bites.

In fact, they didn't have much of anything so we dumped our one purchase (the newspaper) back on the shelf and fled to Kettering instead! Even this was hard work as I'd chosen to drive through Wellingborough and there were roadworks going on!

In Kettering Keith took his watch strap into Timpson's to be replaced and we bought some jacket potatoes for dinner tonight. Keith and I are off to a friend's for drinks as a thank you for buying him the two shirts in Macy's in Monterey and we thought it would be an easy dinner for when we get back.

The man in Timpson's was having trouble with the watch strap so we had to wait a few minutes until he'd sorted it. We stood and watched the rain come down in sheets! Where has summer gone? On the way home we called into the garage at Broughton and I booked my car in for an MOT. We also popped to see Mum and Dad for half an hour and had a cup of tea. They were as fed up with the weather as we were!

In the evening Keith and I went for drinks with John and his wife, Sue. Keith drinks with John on a Friday night and he'd asked me to get him some shirts in California. As a thank you for getting them for him we were invited over and we were looking forward to a little relaxation! All thoughts of sitting in the garden and soaking up the sunshine disappeared as the weather was still horrible, grey and drizzly. Sophie gave us a lift so we didn't have to worry about driving!

We had a lovely time sitting in John and Sue's conservatory and had a good natter over wine and beer, with some delicious nibbles. Their dog, Tilly, took a liking to me and we had lovely cuddles! Sophie picked us up at 7.30pm and we drove home to a supper of jacket potatoes. Mike had been out all day at Abbie's house so we had a little lie-in to look forward to in the morning!

No comments: