Tuesday 27 August 2019

I don't like Tuesdays...

I am rapidly going off Tuesdays as today work was a bit stressful and very busy indeed! I walked into an empty office as Sara was at another one of our centres and struggled to get the wallboard working. Luckily, Sheila came in and helped out, which I was very relieved about!

I was working with another girl today as Joanne was in France and we had almost non-stop calls. By the time I left we'd taken over 200 phone calls and I'd given up trying to do the box office returns. I had fourteen films to do and had only managed to do three. I just hope Thursday is a lot quieter!

Keith picked me up at 2pm and I called into the post office on the way home to send out some parcels. Mike was off to see Abbie again so we didn't have to pick him up which was a bonus! On the way home it looked increasingly stormy and I prayed for a good thunderstorm to clear the heavy, sultry air. The temperature was back up to 31c again but thankfully it's set to become cooler over the next few days.

Sophie called me on the way home to say she was going to drive herself in the evening. She had arranged to go out for dinner with two of her friends and I'd been happy to drive her into town and back but she decided to drive. I made her promise to go careful but it's something she needs to do and she was looking forward to it, I think!

Keith and I were on our own and we sat in the garden for a while before cooking dinner. The house is so quiet when both Sophie and Mike are out!

No comments: