Tuesday 20 August 2019

A trying morning!

Sophie set off for the gym this morning but came back within a few minutes as one of the lights on her dashboard had come on again - we think it's the tyre air warning so I had to get Keith up to help her out. The tyres were at the right inflation so she went off again and we said we'd look at it again after work.

I suppose as yesterday was better than expected at work, today was worse! Sara wasn't in this morning so Joanne and I were answering the phones and it was very busy indeed! It didn't help that our wallboard went down half way through the shift so we were working blind, which is something I hate. Nobody bothered to help us sort it out even though there were two managers present and one of them was more interested in sitting her office and laughing...

Just before we were due to finish at 2pm, we had a customer call from our reception area wanting to sign her daughter up to be a member! I explained to one of the girls on reception that there was no way we could do it as we were just about to change the shift! It was the last straw of a morning full of niggling irritations!

I called into the carwash on the way home and washed my filthy car. Back home, as it was such a beautiful day, I titivated it a bit more so by the time I'd finished it looked a lot better. It's booked in for its MOT tomorrow so I hope it passes!


No comments: