Sunday 1 September 2019

So busy!

Keith decided to start walking towards the village this morning and asked Sophie and I to pick him up on the way to get the newspaper. It was a gorgeous morning with plenty of sunshine so this brought everyone out! The single track road he was walking on was like the M25!

When we caught up with him, he asked if we could collect him on the way back so we left him to walk and drove the rest of the way, where the traffic and cyclists were even worse! I have never seen so many vehicles and bikes on this tiny, narrow road!

On the way back it was a lot quieter so we must have caught it at a bad time! We collected Keith and drove home to have a breakfast of crumpets in the sunny conservatory with the newspapers. After we'd eaten I finally hoovered the mats I'd taken out of my car a few weeks ago and then I went upstairs and Sophie helped me to put a colour on my hair.

We picked my Mum up at 1pm and drove over to Rushden Lakes as Sophie needed to get a few bits for our holiday. My Mum's knee was a little better so she hobbled about with us. First up was a drink and a snack in M&S and then we had a look around in the underwear section. We left my Mum in the store and walked across to Next where Sophie looked at trousers.

The whole of the shopping centre was busy with people no doubt gearing up for the return to school the following week. We popped into Boots to get Mum some more heat patches and then it was time to wend our way home.

Dinner tonight was fiddly chicken kievs, although Sophie had a mushroom version, which looked very yummy!

No comments: