Sunday 18 August 2019

A quick shop!

I woke up at a more reasonable time of 6.30am this morning and started off my day with two good cups of coffee! Keith and I then took Sophie to the gym and went to the Weston Favell Centre to do a bit of shopping. We went to Costa first and waited a good ten minutes to be served, but the coffee was worth it!

I had plans to take my car through the carwash but the heavens opened so I decided against it! We collected Sophie and went home to have a late breakfast of crumpets with Nutella, before heading off to Rushden Lakes in the afternoon.

We called in to see Mum and Dad on the way and my Mum's knee was very painful so she decided not to come with us. Before going out I'd tried to clean up the inside of my car which smelt of stale milk and I sponged the back seats as Mike had sloshed coffee all over them. My poor car looked awful and I was really annoyed that it was in that state.

Rushden Lakes was, predictably, very busy and we couldn't get anywhere near Decathlon where Sophie had to go to take a sports bra back that she had ordered online. I gave up trying to find a space and we joined the main drag of traffic again, ending up parking far away from the main shops! We walked to River Island where Sophie bought a lovely dress in the sale, and then onward to Decathlon. Sophie couldn't be bothered to wait ages to try another sports bra on, so we just paid and left.

Before heading home we called into M&S and I bought a bottle of Californian red with a voucher I had. We walked back to the car and before going home we drove up to the new part of the centre and explored the new leisure facilities that had opened since we'd last visited. There was a Cineworld cinema with 4D, a 360 Play Indoor Activity centre, crazy golf and lots of new restaurants. No wonder the place was so busy!

Back home we relaxed while Keith prepared roast pork for dinner. It felt like ages since we'd had a Sunday roast!

No comments: