Saturday 17 August 2019

More celebrations!

I didn't wake up until almost 9am this morning! I must have needed the sleep but it gave me a headache and I felt really groggy!

The morning was spent gradually waking up and pottering about in the house. In fact, I didn't go out all day, which suited me just fine! Sophie went to Farndon Fields at lunchtime with Daisy and Laura and then went to Market Harborough afterwards.

I spent the day happily doing small chores and enjoying the lovely weather. Sophie returned from Market Harborough and brought some delicious Italian pastries with her. She'd had a great time and had even looked around show homes near Farndon Fields!

In the evening we rang up and ordered a Chinese takeaway (true luxury) and we popped open a bottle of Champagne that Sophie had bought for our anniversary. Mike joined us for the fizz and the meal and then went into town with Abbie and some friends.

We stayed up quite late (is it any wonder after the lie-in?) and Sophie and I watched a documentary on Woodstock - it's the 50th anniversary this weekend - and an interesting programme about Santana who performed at the festival. I've grown up with Santana and even went to see them in the late 80s so it was great to learn more about the band and Carlos Santana himself!


No comments: