Friday 1 March 2019

Spring has sprung!

The beautiful weather disappeared today, leaving a misty murky sky and much cooler temperatures. I can't complain, though! This week, up until today, has been gorgeous!

I was working with a young girl called Monica today and I had a feeling she'd be a little late but it was nearly 9am by the time she arrived as she'd overslept! It was a good job the calls were few and far between!

The shift passed quickly again and as soon as I arrived home Keith and I went out to Tesco and Aldi to get the food for Saturday night and our normal shopping. We spent a massive £97 in Aldi and I bought some cold meats, cheeses, biscuits, two bottles of wine and nibbly bits for the buffet on Saturday night.

In Tesco Keith insisted on buying me a bottle of Gin so the bill in there came to another £90! He did buy a fair amount of beer as well and we chose all of our salad vegetables and more cooked meats, as well as our Sunday roast of chicken and all the trimmings.

The boot was full and on the way home we called to see Mum and Dad as I'd asked to borrow two chairs and a couple of plates from them. We had a quick cup of tea, loaded the car up with the furniture and headed home to face the massive task of putting it all away!

Mike helped and Sophie arrived as we were finding room for everything (no easy task!) and was delighted that Keith had found a vegan pizza for her for dinner tonight. I think we have enough food but I always worry I've forgotten something! I'm doing an assortment of cold meats, cheeses, quiche and salad accompanied by crusty bread and new potatoes, followed by fruit Pavlova and a Brioche bread and butter pudding for dessert.

Keith walked down to the pub this evening and Sophie and I finished watching Zodiac before putting our pizzas in the oven. Keith and I shared a mushroom, ham and mozzarella version from Aldi which was delicious. Sophie cut up some spuds and we coated them in a little olive oil and sea salt before cooking them in the air fryer. Yum!

No comments: