Friday 22 March 2019

Two days in one!

Thursday and Friday have been fairly quiet days for us so I've combined the two!

Keith took Sophie into work on Thursday morning as he had to have my car today to take Mike to Daventry. I drove to work in Sophie's car and worked with Sue where we had another pleasant shift. We managed another sweet contest and Stella won again!

After work I drove home to find Mike and Keith back from their travels to Daventry. Mike has to go back again next Tuesday but at least it's at 4pm next time so I can go with them.

Before going to pick Sophie up Keith and I went to feed Michelle and Richard's two cats - Lily and Hector. They are Siamese cats and they were a little alarmed when we opened the door to the kitchen, but when they realised we were there to feed them they were fine!

Keith and I drove down to get Sophie in heavy traffic and we returned home by a different route, but it was still busy! We made fish pie for dinner tonight but I had quiche as I really wasn't in a fishy mood!

On Friday I worked with Monica and she's quite a laugh so that was good, but I was very busy indeed with invoices and doing some work for Sheila who was supposed to be having the day off (at the NEC in Birmingham for the car show - I declined to go with her this time!). It was a huge relief to walk out at 2pm and go home where I caught up with some little chores on the computer.

Sophie and I had to take Mike to Creaton as soon as she got home which was unexpected, but we were back just after 6pm so we could relax and have a glass of wine before preparing dinner which was boring old soup...none of us really fancied it but we couldn't be bothered to go and get fish and chips, so we made do!

No comments: