Saturday 9 March 2019

Getting things done!

As I'd hoped for, we didn't leave the house today and spent our time sorting out things that had been put on the back burner over the last few weeks while we'd concentrated on the house and all the decorating.

I had a lovely lazy start to the day and before breakfast Sophie and I prepared coq au vin for this evening and did all the vegetables. We then booked tickets for the Monterey Bay Aquarium and our parking and entrance admission for Muir Woods. We had to book a half hour time slot for the woods so I just hope we don't miss it! We were a bit too early to book for the Winchester House in San Jose, so we've made a note in the diary for about 10 days time.

We also sorted out our ESTAs (mine runs out at the end of April...typical!) and bought travel insurance, so we felt really pleased with all we'd achieved. We then sorted out a lot of clothes to sell on eBay and I did mounds and mounds of washing. Outside, the weather was dry and breezy with plenty of sunshine so I was able to put a lot of clothes out on the line to dry.

Keith went to see Sileby play in the afternoon and Sophie and I sat down and watched a very interesting documentary on Sex Offenders in Florida hosted by Stacey Dooley who had won Strictly. It was certainly an eye opener!

I had a lovely bath when Keith came home and took control of the television and we relaxed for a while before putting the coq au vin in the oven. It smelt delicious as it was cooking! While we waited we watched Who Wants to be a Millionaire and one man almost won the top prize! I wouldn't have minded winning £16,000 or £32,000! It would certainly come in handy!

No comments: