Tuesday 5 March 2019

A cuddle on the beach...

This morning was a bit fraught at work as I was working with Joanne, who I like very much, but she is quite new and slightly unsure at times, which is perfectly understandable. We had a series of non-stop phone calls and some of them were complicated and hard to understand. It carried on being busy for most of the morning and then quietened down about lunchtime, thank goodness!

It was a huge relief to get out at 2pm and head home. Keith wanted to get a newspaper and had been stuck at home all morning so we went to the garage at Moulton where I put my car through the carwash.

At around 6pm Mike, Sophie and I went to get my parents and it was raining...great! The evening was a Christmas present for them both and I had said I would drop them off and we'd go and entertain ourselves while they were watching the play, Abigail's Party, which they had loved when it first came out in the 1970s starring Alison Steadman. We drove into Northampton and tried to get a disabled parking space in the Albion Place car park but they were all occupied...grrr! I dropped my parents off outside Derngate with Mike and went off to hunt for a space with Sophie. I managed to squeeze into one and we ran back to the theatre to find my parents who were looking a bit shocked at the prices of drinks - a glass of wine and a whisky came to £11!

I gave my parents their tickets and we said goodbye before heading to Pizza Express. I collect Nectar points with the Daily Mail and had managed to amass enough for vouchers worth £26 in the restaurant so that was our dinner of choice this evening, even though Mike really wanted to go to Akasaka!

Pizza Express was quiet and we were seated at the back of the restaurant. We ordered a bottle of Pinot Grigio to share (Mike didn't mind as he will drink anything!) and some dough balls and garlic bread to start. The food was delicious and for mains Mike and Sophie had pizza (my daughter's came with vegan mozzarella) and I opted for a breaded chicken breast with rocket salad.

We had a lovely evening and it was great to be out with my lovely son and daughter. I managed a bowl of vanilla ice-cream for dessert and after paying the bill (£50 with our discount) we headed to John Franklin's for more drinks. Sophie suggested a "mocktail" for me which was called A Cuddle on the Beach while she had a Mojito (a proper one!). Mike reverted to type and had a pint of lager!

My Mum and Dad had enjoyed the play tremendously and we drove back to their house through horrible rain. They'd had a great evening, which is what I had hoped for!


No comments: