Sunday 10 March 2019

Beavering away!

Keith and I went over to my Mum and Dad's for a coffee this morning and bought the Sunday newspapers on the way. I'd been up a while and had ironed some of the clothes we wanted to sell - far from being a lazy Sunday today, we had loads to do!

When we arrived back home I made a big breakfast for all of us and then baked two batches of muffins - walnut and banana and chocolate and mixed nuts. I just hope they all get eaten!

Sophie was beavering away in the conservatory photographing and listing the clothes we didn't want and the room looked like a laundry again! They will all go on tonight and be on the site for a week so we're hoping for some success!

Today has been windy and cold and we have a weather warning for snow overnight. It seems incredible that just a couple of weeks ago I was sitting in the garden and enjoying the warm sunshine. We took Mike into town at lunchtime as he was meeting his latest "girlfriend" who lives in Abington and I think he was having Sunday lunch with her parents!

Back home we finished putting everything on eBay and relaxed for a while before I decided to have a soak in the bath. We didn't go for a walk today as it was so cold and windy! Just as I was lazing in the lovely hot water, Mike rang to ask us to pick him up. His phone had stopped working so he had to use his girlfriend's house phone...

We all went off to get him and witnessed a lovely sunset. It was certainly cold enough to snow as it was 2c and the clouds were  beginning to build up.

Back home we had time for a quick drink before Sophie and I cooked paella for dinner...with meat this time!

No comments: