Wednesday 13 March 2019

Storm Gareth.

Keith and I took Sophie and her friend Alice to the station this morning to catch their train. We left home at about 8am so we could pick Alice up from town and get to the station in plenty of  time. The weather has been forecast to be wet and windy today as Storm Gareth is coming to our shores!

After dropping the girls off Keith and I went to the Weston Favell Centre and did some shopping for the rest of the week. I fancied bacon rolls for breakfast so we bought some thick cut bacon and part-baked baguettes and headed home.

The weather has indeed been stormy today with high winds and showers of rain. In the afternoon we watched Cheltenham but I didn't have any more luck with the horses today, unfortunately. In between watching the racing I did lots of jobs and booked a Premier Inn hotel for the day before we fly to San Francisco. Sophie and I thought it was best to travel down to Heathrow the day before and then we were there and not having to worry about traffic.

In the early evening I prepared beef steaks in gravy and let them cook slowly in the oven for a couple of hours. We served them with crispy French fries and crusty bread and the meal was delicious. It reminded me of the beef we have at one of the bistros in Cite Europe in Calais!

No comments: