Wednesday 27 March 2019

Catching up!

Sophie went off to the gym this morning and I got up with her, so I could have a lovely, lazy start to the day.

At 10.30am, I walked around to Michelle's for a coffee and a catch up. They'd been to the Lake District and had had a lovely time so we talked about that and even got onto the subject of Brexit!

I stayed for an hour and as soon as I returned home Keith, Mike and I went to Broughton. First to book my car in to have the shock absorbers replaced (one is still knocking) and then to the post office before going to see Mum and Dad. They are having their living room re-decorated and wanted Keith and Mike to take down a large painting they have of Big Sur. It's amazing to think that in a few weeks, Sophie and I will be gazing at that view ourselves!

Mike took it down easily and after after having a quick coffee with them, we went over to Tesco to get food for tonight. Keith treated himself to a bottle of Jamesons and some beer so the bill came to almost £70!

Back home I caught up with some jobs and then ventured out into the gravel garden to do some tidying up. This year, we don't have any nests (well, any that I could see!) so I did some pruning and raked up loads of leaves that had been lying on the ground over the winter. It looked a lot better when I'd finished but we'll need to take our garden bin to the skip soon so I can fit the rest of the stuff in!

No comments: