Thursday 28 February 2019

Another month...gone!

I had a very pleasant shift at work today and was busy so the time passed very quickly. The phone calls have quietened down a bit now that half-term is over, so at least we can get work done in between talking to our customers!

I sped home at 3pm and picked up Keith before going to the post office at Brixworth. I had to wait ages in the queue as a woman in front of me was posting loads of boxes, while a man was sending seemingly endless envelopes! I do sometimes wonder how much of my life will have been spent in queues or waiting around!

Back home I checked my emails as I sent off messages to two local window companies about the repair we need doing on our double doors. It's just a good job they lead out to the conservatory as we're unable to lock them and we really need to get them sorted out. I hadn't had any response which was annoying!

As today is the last day of February, we decided to end the month on a veggie theme. We all failed at the vegan challenge but Sophie is still keen on eating less meat every week, so we cooked vegetable fajitas for dinner. I chopped up an onion, pepper, baby sweetcorn and loads of mushrooms and mixed fajita spices with oil before coating the veg and letting it all combine until it was time to cook.

Sophie and I cooked the meal and we tried out a new red wine from Aldi - GSM, which was a bit dry but very drinkable!

No comments: