Sunday 31 March 2019

A celebration of Mums!

Today the weather has been beautiful but it's been noticeably colder! After I'd opened my two beautiful cards and been given chocolates, flowers and alcohol, we spent the morning preparing the house for lunch as my parents were coming over to celebrate Mother's Day with us. Sophie prepared a Brioche Bread and Butter pudding and assembled a beautiful salad, I hoovered and set the table while Keith sorted out all the cold meats for me.

Mum and Dad arrived at 1pm and we had a delicious lunch with G&Ts for Mum and wine for Sophie and I. We ate salad, new potatoes, quiche and cold meats and the dessert was scrumptious! It was lovely sitting in the conservatory with the sun shining through the windows.

In the late afternoon Sophie and I went for a walk around the estate and Monty comes with us if we cut through the middle green, thus avoiding the top of the estate where the cat he hates lives. The clocks went forward this morning so we've all lost an hour of precious time today! I really don't see why we have to have this outdated time change any more!

Back home Sophie made a Negroni as she'd bought me a bottle of Campari and after the addition of a little tonic, it was delicious! I fell asleep on the sofa at 7pm which was a mistake as I felt wide awake for the rest of the evening and not at all sleepy when it came to bedtime (an hour earlier than normal)!

No comments: