Thursday 7 March 2019

Back to uni

Sophie was off work today as she had an event to go to at University this evening and wanted some time off to prepare. I took myself off to my own place of work and had a pleasant shift working with Sue.

At 3pm I sped home and hung out with Sophie while she got ready to go out. She had to be at uni at about 4pm so Keith and I drove her into Northampton and into the new campus which is lovely, but I don't know why they didn't keep the old one! It's in the process of being knocked down at the moment to make way for housing and Sophie can't bear to drive past and see it gone.

After dropping our daughter off we drove home in heavy traffic and I relaxed while Keith cooked roast chicken for dinner. We should have had this last Saturday so I was really looking forward to the meal, but we both felt that the meat was bland and tasteless. Perhaps it's time to go to a butcher and buy a more expensive bird, like the turkey we had at Christmas?

Sophie gave a talk at uni and said she'd really enjoyed herself. I have to admit she looked gorgeous when she went out, wearing a beautiful new dress, black tights and high heeled shoes. She looked every inch the successful graduate! We picked her up at 10.30pm at McDonald's on Riverside, where she was having a late night snack after enjoying chips with truffle oil earlier in the evening. That'll be the next thing on our shopping list!

No comments: