Friday 29 March 2019

Thursday and Friday - the days blend into one!

Keith took me into work on Thursday so he could go and do yet more shopping at Tesco. Work was fine and Sue was training a newbie today so that was a relief it wasn't me doing it! The time passed very quickly!

At 3pm, Keith picked me up and we drove over to Kettering to find the Jobcentre as Mike has an appointment there next week. It's been another beautiful day today and it looks set to continue over the next few days and into the weekend. I'm just hoping it will last until next weekend!

Sophie had an early night tonight as she is off to Rochester tomorrow and has to be at her manager's house at 6am. Yawn!

We did indeed have an early start on Friday and Sophie woke me up at 5am. When we left it was just getting light and by the time we were heading back the sun was like a huge satsuma in the sky. It was beautiful. There was mist hanging about as well, especially on the River Nene in Thrapston. It certainly made up for us being out so early.

Back home I had a bowl of porridge and got ready for work. My shift passed quickly again but I did feel a bit weary at work. At 2pm I drove home and did very little in the afternoon!

Sophie called me at 6pm to ask me to go and collect her and in a brilliant piece of timing, I met them as they came around the roundabout in Thrapston. Sophie had had a busy day but it was an incident on the train from Rochester to St Pancras that really shook her up... they were sitting on the train when a man nearby noticed an unattended rucksack lying on a seat. He went off to find someone but no staff were around. Luckily Sophie thinks he worked for Transport London so he kept very calm and kept reassuring Sophie that everything was OK. Sophie wanted him to open the rucksack and he asked her to be a witness. She said she was terrified about what could happen...

I said she really should have moved away and gone to sit in another carriage but she insisted she wanted to know what was inside, which very luckily, turned out to be school papers left by a young boy who'd been sitting in the seat. She said she felt absolutely scared to death about what could have happened and was really shaken by the whole experience. It just brings it home to you what could have happened if it had been a terrorist attack and both Keith and I urged her to re-think her actions if it ever happened again!






No comments: