Sunday 24 March 2019

Tidying up, Part 2.

I was up early again but as the weather was so lovely, I didn't mind. I spent the morning mowing the back lawn and doing a general tidy up of the garage and the garden. We went to the tip with a boot full of discarded items which made me feel a lot better! It was getting to the point where we couldn't walk through the garage again!

In the afternoon Sophie and I picked up Mum and we went to Beckworth for a cup of tea. Easter and Spring have definitely sprung here as the place was full of early blooming flowers and seasonal gifts, all in pretty pastel colours. I do love this time of the year!

We waited for quite a while to get a table, but it was worth it to sit in the afternoon sunshine and relax. Mum and I had a scone while Sophie went for a lavender coloured cake which looked very pretty and delicate!

After we'd eaten we wandered about and I bought a tray of pansies for the garden. I found a plastic hanging basket in the garage which was perfect for their new home and we can see it from the conservatory. I also found a raspberry puree liqueur but declined to buy any Prosecco as it was so expensive!

We dropped Mum off and on the way home we bought a bottle of Spanish sparkling wine in the Co-op. It was then time to return and make up some concoctions! This time I half-filled the cocktail shaker with ice and added two measures each of whiskey and Cointreau. I added another two measures of the raspberry liqueur and shook it all up before straining the mixture into two tumblers and topping them up with the fizz. With the addition of a slice of orange and a couple of raspberries, the drinks were delicious!

Keith cooked again tonight and we enjoyed roast chicken with stuffing, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings. I can't believe it's back to Monday tomorrow!

No comments: