Thursday 22 November 2018

Traffic troubles!

We woke up to a very frosty morning and I was glad that Sophie wasn't going to the gym. Keith cleared ET of ice for me and I gingerly set off to work. My stomach still hurt a bit but the Nurofen seemed to help a lot. I have a feeling it's trapped wind..not very sexy, but there you are!

I decided to head straight down the A43 this morning but before I'd reached the Round Spinney roundabout, a police car came screaming past. On the dual carriageway, an ambulance hurtled past us and I could see that the traffic in the distance was at a standstill. Luckily I was able to turn off a short while later but I was later at work than I normally am. It was actually nice to walk in and have everything turned on and ready, for a change!

I warned Keith and Sophie about the accident up ahead and they told me later that it involved two cars, one of which had been crossing the busy dual carriageway at the time. When the road was first built about 40 years ago, the traffic was much lighter, but now it's horrendous and I think the crossings are dangerous! I so wish we had intersections with traffic lights like they have in the US!

I was kept busy at work and the time passed very quickly. At 3pm I sped home and managed to do a few chores rather than collapsing on the sofa. I haven't done much at all this week and feel very guilty, especially as I have been very late in keeping up with this blog!

Keith and I went back down to get Sophie in the evening and it was a really filthy night, with drizzly rain and terrible traffic. On the way we saw three police cars and an ambulance go screaming past us so heaven knows what was happening!


No comments: