Monday 26 November 2018

Monday off!

I had today off, which was a lovely feeling! Sophie went to the gym and after getting up with her, I went back to bed! Mike had an interview at an employment agency in town at 10am so we went with him and waited in the car park. He was gone ages but then came back and said he had to go back tomorrow with his ID documents! Why couldn't they have told him that when they asked him in for his interview?

We had planned on going to Ikea as Mike's wardrobe fell apart yesterday but he said he just wanted a clothes rail, which was a bit strange! We asked him to come with us but he said he'd rather stay at home so we dropped him off and drove over to Milton Keynes.

The weather today has been a mixture of sunshine and showers, with dramatic skies. It's set to get stormy and mild over the next few days, so no snow on the agenda just yet! We were surprised to see Ikea so busy but we managed to park under cover and decided to have lunch first. Keith liked the look of the fish and chips and I went for my usual choice of meatballs with mashed potatoes. I won't need to eat tonight now!

We had a good look around and found a clothes rail for Mike. In fact, we bought two as well as some drawers for him to keep his underwear in. If I had my way (and the money) I'd love to get him fitted wardrobes in his room...maybe one day!

We bought lots of little things, including two new pans, glasses, pillows for Mike's bed and some candles. After we'd paid we visited the food section and I bought frozen meatballs, smoked sausages and Elk sausages for Mike as well as some scrummy biscuits!

We drove home and immediately Keith started putting everything together while I sorted out the mess in the kitchen. We could tell Mike had been at home alone! It took me an hour to clear up!

Mike had dismantled his old wardrobe and had thrown all the clothes he didn't want onto a chair in the living room... the house was a complete mess and I despaired of it ever looking OK again! I took all the packaging out to our recycling bin and tried to tidy up before Sophie came home!

Luckily, by about 6pm peace had been restored and Mike had even hoovered his room! Wonders will never cease!


No comments: