Friday 9 November 2018

Birthday celebrations.

Keith took me to work this morning as he wanted to use the car and I had planned on going straight to see my Mum at 2pm.

Work was lovely and quiet as there were only a handful of us in and the phones were subdued as well! I saw Mum and Dad half way through the morning as they were attending an aerobics class in the main hall and I wished my Mum a happy birthday.

As soon as I finished work we popped over to Tesco and I bought a lovely little chocolate cake and some flowers. We headed off to see my parents and went a different way for a change. Sometimes it's nice to do something a bit different!

My parents were pleased to see us and my Mum was over the moon with her gifts and cards. We had a cup of tea and a good natter and then Keith and I headed home. Sophie was a little early tonight and Keith didn't go to the pub as Dave rang to say he wasn't going. This pleased Keith as he wasn't drinking anyway!

We had fish for dinner and I opened a bottle of non-alcoholic Cava which was lovely, if a little sweet. It's been nine days now and I wish I could see a change in me, but I can't! I'm not sleeping any better (if anything my sleep feels much lighter) and I'm not as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as I imagined I'd be! Perhaps, after a month, I will be!

No comments: