Sunday 25 November 2018

Meeting old friends.

Sophie, Mike and I had appointments to give blood this morning but only Sophie actually donated. Mike said he felt too ill to go (he's coming down with a cold) and when I arrived and told one of the staff about my stomach pains they told me to skip this time. I was really annoyed with myself and felt a bit of a fraud, to be honest! I was also really angry with Mike as there wasn't that much wrong with him.

The hall at Moulton was packed, though, so there was no shortage of donors today, which was good. I sat with Sophie while she donated her pint and then we had a lovely chat with one of the staff afterwards who is a really lovely lady and always chats to us and makes us feel at ease.

Sophie and I had to go to Tesco afterwards as we had decided to make Paella for dinner (well, Sophie was going to cook it!) but before we went we had a sneaky McDonalds as we were both hungry! The whole area around the Weston Favell Centre was busy with Sunday shoppers and I do sometimes think back to when I was growing up and Sundays were lovely and quiet as all the shops were closed!

We met Liam in the supermarket and had a lovely chat as I hadn't seen him for well over a year! He suggested the four of us going out for a drink before Christmas, which would be great.

Back home we mooched about for a while and then took Monty for a walk to see the horses. We took some carrots but only the white horse came over to see us so she had the lot. When the others came over we were empty handed!

We carried on around the estate and met some of the children I knew from the after-school club. It was great to see them playing out and enjoying the fresh air. Today the weather has been lovely with blue skies and sunshine, a bit different to what was forecast, so that was a bonus!

We packaged up our last eBay item as we're giving it a rest now in the run-up to Christmas. It will be a bit of a relief not to have to dash to the post office every Monday! We might even do a car boot sale, though, but we'll see. A month today is Christmas Day!

No comments: