Friday 23 November 2018

So glad it's Friday!

Never have I been so glad to see Friday arrive, but unfortunately I felt horrible again, with crampy stomach pains that were, thankfully, kept in check by Nurofen. Keith drove me to work as he was taking Mike into town to visit an employment agency this morning. He went over to Tesco, bought me the painkillers and dropped them off at Reception so I could take them with my 9am cup of coffee.

The reception staff were lovely and caring and gave me a coffee for free, and Sara said I was welcome to go home if I still felt unwell, but the tablets worked and I felt a bit better. Luckily the time went past quickly and Keith met me at 2pm, saying that Mike had an interview at the agency and that they were confident they could get him a job within the week! Let's hope so!

Back home we did very little (I fell asleep) and Sue came around for a chat, which was good. Sophie arrived home earlier than usual and after I'd had a lovely hot bath we sat on the sofa and sipped non-alcoholic Cava while watching 90 Day Fiance. It was great that Keith drove himself to the pub as, like me, he is having a dry November! Not long to go now!

Dinner in the evening was curry, but just the three of us ate it as Mike is down in London celebrating a friend's birthday. After we'd eaten it was time to curl up on the sofa again, but I really hope I feel better after this weekend otherwise it'll have to be a visit to the doctor on Monday!


No comments: