Tuesday 13 November 2018

A startling discovery!

Sophie went to the gym this morning at 6.30am and, as usual, I woke up with her and went downstairs to have a cup of coffee. I discovered we'd sold some pillowcases on eBay so I packaged them up and gently eased myself into the day!

We had to take Mum and Dad to the hospital in Daventry today as Dad was having minor surgery to his foot and couldn't drive afterwards, so we left at 11am, went to the post office and then picked them up. As it was a fair journey, Dad said I could drive his car, which helped with my fuel consumption! At least now that Mike is no longer working at the Golf Club my car is not greedily drinking diesel like it used to!

Today has been a beautiful day with lovely blue skies, lots of sunshine and mild temperatures. We found Danetre Hospital and I was really impressed with the place. It was small, but very clean and very quiet! We were a bit early for Dad's appointment so we went to the cafe on the first floor and had a light lunch. I chose sandwiches for Keith and I, a tea and a coffee along with a packet of crisps and the bill came to £6.50! I was amazed!

At 1pm we went up to the second floor and my Dad was taken to the day surgery ward where he had an injection into the heel of his foot. The doctors had suspected he had Plantar Fasciitis and that's what they had been treating him for, but today they realised he had a trapped nerve in his foot! We're really hoping that now he will be pain-free as it's been going on for so long.

We gave Mum and Dad a lift back to their house and then popped to Tesco to get dinners for Tuesday and Wednesday nights. We still didn't have a clue what we were going to cook when we went into the supermarket but we finally managed to make up our minds!

We didn't get home until 4pm so we'd been out a fair while!

No comments: