Thursday 1 November 2018

A gloomy start to November!

We awoke to fog and gloom this morning so I suggested to Sophie that we take her in again, in case the fog returned in the evening, as it so often does. Driving on a dark and foggy night on our country roads is not pleasant!

We set off at 8am as usual and had the worst ever journey which took us over an hour, meaning Sophie was officially late. We weren't sure what the problem was but the roads were gridlocked and a lot of Sophie's colleagues were also late in. I left her and decided to go a different way home but even that route was busy with cars trying to find a way around the problems on the A45.

Back home Keith and I had a quick breakfast, did a sketchy meal plan and list and went to do our weekly shop. On the way we called to see my Mum and had a coffee with her - my Dad had gone off to see his mates as his flying club, which was brave of him considering the weather!

We did the shopping as speedily as we could and came out of Tesco to a horrible cold rain. It was the gloomiest of days! What a start to the month! After arriving home and putting the shopping away we had lunch, I chatted with Sophie on messenger and then I wallowed in a hot bath for a while. Outside it was still cold and wet but by the evening it had cleared up a bit and when we went to get Sophie, the sky was blue and we saw a gorgeous sunset on our (much quicker) journey down into Northampton.

I'd had a problem with my computer mouse before we left which made me very irritated so as soon as we arrived back home I sorted it out. We seem to have little annoying things go wrong lately, such as the Sky remote not working properly (the pause button is not working and we use it a lot!). I ordered a new one from Sky so hopefully that little niggle will be solved!

Dinner tonight was breaded pork escalopes which took a fair amount of work and involved three of us in our small kitchen. Keith and I have decided to go alcohol free for November, which isn't a pleasant prospect but I'm determined to give it a go! We have a couple of social outings this month but I'll be chuffed to see it through. I bought a bottle of very low alcohol wine in Tesco today (less than 0.5%) and it was horrible! Never mind!

No comments: