Tuesday 20 November 2018

Told off!

I felt slightly better today but it was still an enormous relief to leave at 2pm. Keith had driven me to work this morning and before going home we went to the post office at the Weston Favell Centre to post out a little manicure set. It was a difficult thing to wrap as it was so small, but a bit bulky. We'd put it down as a large letter and encased it in an envelope, but the bossy lady behind the counter said it was too wide for the large letter category and I would have to pay £2.95 extra, on top of what I'd already paid to send it!

I declined as the item was only worth about £2 so, muttering swear words under my breath, we went and did some shopping for tonight's dinner. Keith was going to watch Sileby play and normally I would cook Jerk Chicken Pasta or meatballs but I really didn't fancy doing that, so we bought two Tesco Finest Chicken Kievs and some ready made mashed potato...naughty! We also bought Mike a ready meal and then thankfully returned home!

Back at home I did very little and my gorgeous daughter prepared dinner for me. Keith went off to see the football but we didn't really have a very happy meal. I didn't fancy it at all and Mike was not very impressed with what we'd chosen for him to eat, saying it was too small... oh dear!

Sophie washed up while I sat on the sofa huddled up in my throw, my pyjamas and dressing gown, but I still felt cold! After the washing up we watched a very enjoyable Christmas film - Saving Christmas - with Ben Affleck. It was very cosy on the sofa and Monty had the time of his life curled up between us and snoring!

No comments: