Thursday 29 November 2018

Hanging about!

It was a wild and woolly morning as we have been feeling the after effects of Storm Diana in the UK. Keith took me into work and then went to do the shopping, even though I had suggested we both go when I finished at 3pm. He has a cold and a cough at the moment, given to him by Mike.

I had a pleasant session at work and once Keith had picked me up we returned home where I mooched about and hoovered downstairs again! The leaves were gathering around the back door, but at least I have a weapon to deal with them now!

Dinner tonight was a minced beef stew served in giant Yorkshire puddings. We watched Gino's Italian Adriatic  Escape and it was blissful seeing the scenes filmed in Italy while outside it was cold and dark.

At about 8.30pm Sophie and I took Mike to Brixworth as he was having an interview in one of the pubs there with a local builder. It would be ideal if he got the job as the builder lives on our estate and could give him lifts!

We returned home and I just hoped that Mike wouldn't be too late as I didn't want to be hanging around all evening for him! When it got to 10pm we texted him to say we were coming over, but half way there he told us to go home as he hadn't even been seen yet! He would find his own way home!

No comments: