Saturday 24 November 2018

Out for breakfast!

Keith suggested we go out for breakfast this morning and who was I to argue? Mike was still in London (although it looked like he was actually heading home) so it was just the three of us who went over to Beckworth.

We arrived at about 10.30am and already the place was packed! We hoped it was for the ice-skating and not for people eating! We were seated quite quickly and I chose the hearty porridge served with berries and seeds. I don't think my stomach could have coped with a full English! Keith had poached eggs on toast while Sophie opted for a sausage sandwich accompanied by hash browns.

I think Beckworth were a bit overwhelmed by how busy they were this morning as the usual service we receive was a bit lacking! Sophie was not at all impressed with her sandwich and said it was greasy. My porridge was lovely but the table behind us complained about one of their dishes and we just had a feeling that the servers were more harried than usual!

After we'd eaten we mooched about looking at the decorations but we couldn't find any gonks. I bought some peppermint teabags and some chocolate stirrers for Soph and Mike to make hot chocolate with and then we returned home.

The rest of the day was spent doing very little as my stomach is still not right. Mike had arrived home while we were out and had gone straight to bed (we later found out he hadn't slept on Friday night at all!). Sophie went to the gym in the afternoon and I lounged about on the sofa feeling a bit sorry for myself and annoyed that I didn't have the energy to do what I wanted to do!

No comments: