Thursday 15 November 2018

Out on the town!

Today, unfortunately, has been grey and overcast but as I was at work until 3pm it didn't really matter! I was kept busy by inputting the school holiday activities and the time flew by.

At 3pm I went home but at 4.30pm I was back out again to pick Sophie up from work. She was supposed to have been giving a friend a lift into town but there was a bit of miscommunication and her friend thought she was picking her up from her home, not work! We drove into Brackmills to get her, but she was heading home first.

As expected, the traffic was appalling but we made it to Alice's house by 5.30pm and I waved her off. They were going for cocktails and then to have a meal at a favourite club. I drove home in heavy traffic and arrived back at about 6pm. Keith had put some potatoes in the oven to bake and was doing pate and toast for Mike who was actually joining us for once!

We had a quiet evening and at 9.30pm ventured out again to get the girls. We gave both Alice and Sophia a lift home and the alcohol fumes from the back were over-powering! They'd all enjoyed several cocktails and had had a brilliant time, which was fab!

No comments: