Monday 12 November 2018

Back to work...

Keith took me to work today as I had a fair few parcels to send out from the post office, one of which was a new winter coat I'd ordered and I didn't like. It was in a huge box so it was very unwieldy!

Work was OK even though I was working with my least favourite colleague today! Sheila was OK about Saturday and had even hinted about me helping out in March and November next year. Er, I don't think so! Apparently they had about 65 cars on each day of the weekend and took some serious money for the charity, which was great, but I just found the whole thing chaotic and confusing!

We weren't that busy with the phones today so I did some training that I had to have completed by the end of November and booked another week of holiday. Sara said I still had loads left, including Christmas Day and New Year's Day so I've booked the week before Christmas off. Hopefully, Sophie can get some time off as well.

Keith picked me up at 2pm and we went over to the post office in Tesco to send all of our parcels out. We also picked up some stuff we needed for tonight's dinner of chilli and then headed home where I caught up with some chores. We ordered a new Sky remote control ages ago and it hasn't been delivered so I spent a good amount of time trying to call them to find out where it was. Talk about difficult to contact! I gave up in the end and submitted a form so hopefully we will have some news. I suspect it's been lost in the post!

In the evening I saw a flash of light whilst I was sitting in the conservatory and then I heard a rumble of thunder! I didn't see or hear any more but the weather forecast this evening said we're in for some lovely November sunshine and mild temperatures. Fab!


No comments: