Wednesday 7 November 2018

An extended shopping trip!

Sophie went off to the gym at 6.30am this morning and I got up with her and had a cup of coffee. I eased myself slowly into the day and before I had even showered and dressed I'd called HMRC to try and sort out a tax problem I have. I've been paying too much tax on my single salary so I contacted them via webchat and within about twenty minutes it had all been sorted out! I should get a new tax code and start paying a bit less!

Keith and I mooched about until 12pm and before going to get Sophie for lunch we dropped Mike off in town as he was going on a date (him and Georgia have split). He had arranged to meet her at the Abington Park Cafe so we dropped him off and carried on down to get Sophie. We were a little early so we explored the village of Great Houghton in a bid to try and find a newsagent, but the village, although having two pubs, did not have a shop!

I needed to sort out my Mum's birthday present so we hot-footed it to Next where I had a wander about and saw very little that I liked! In the end we decided to go and look at Jones's so after having a quick coffee and a mince pie in Costa, and dropping Sophie back at work, we drove across town to the wholesaler's. I had soon spotted a lovely cream chenille scarf and a necklace, and with a big box of chocolates from Mike, that was the children's presents sorted! I somehow managed to spend £48 in there and did get some bird food as well, to make sure our little feathered friends (lots and lots of sparrows at the moment) are kept fed as the temperatures get colder.



We decided to head for the Weston Favell Centre to try and finish the shopping and I'd planned on getting my Mum some Gin. Luckily it was quiet there and I bought her cards and a bottle bag before heading to the alcohol aisle. There were lots of different Gins to choose from and in the end I went with the Bombay Sapphire as it's a lovely bottle and I've always like the smooth taste. With a bottle of Fever Tree Mediterranean tonic, that was my purchases complete. Before I go and see her on Friday I'll get some flowers and a little cake.

We finally headed home and thankfully, it was a much quieter evening than the day had been!

No comments: