Monday 5 November 2018

A return to work...

We awoke to a grey and foggy day this morning but the weather was set to get better this afternoon, thank goodness!

I wasn't really looking forward to my first morning back at work but it turned out to be a good day so that was a definite bonus! I was also given a bar of chocolate and a voucher for a hot drink so that certainly helped!

At 2pm I sped home as Mike was waiting for me to take him to Brixworth, and I had to go there anyway as I needed to visit the post office. By now the sun had come out and it was beautiful and mild, so when I arrived back home I suggested to Keith that we walk down to see the horses and then have a wander around the estate. He had been in the house all day as both cars were gone so I thought it would be good for him to get out for a while!

We took the carrots and after a lot of persuasion, the horses came over to eat them. We then carried on around the estate and I picked up a couple of cans of a pre-mixed cocktail drink that were lying on the verge. There had been a teenage party at one of the houses on Saturday night and it had been very rowdy, apparently! Sue had texted me that, out on a late night walk with her dogs, she'd seen young lads urinating in the front gardens of some of the residents so that was not very good.

We'd taken a parcel in for Sue and when she came over to collect it we had a very good gossip! I was surprised by what she was telling me about the party as the family are normally very quiet, so you never know!

Sophie came home from work so it was time to relax, watch the end of the Christmas film we'd started on Sunday and sip on a non-alcoholic cocktail. I am finding this no-drinking a lot easier than I imagined!

No comments: