Thursday 8 November 2018

Miscommunication!

I was very busy at work today as I had a lot of invoices to process and the time flew by. Keith picked me up at 3pm and we headed home where I found out that a parcel I was expecting had been delivered to the library in Brixworth. They were supposed to have sent me an email letting me know!

We went to get it before heading down to pick up Sophie from work. She was going out with a friend to The Lamplighter in town and we were dropping her off at her flat. I was expecting heavy traffic but it wasn't too bad until we reached the A43 at Moulton and we saw a mass of blue lights in the distance. It looked like a really bad accident as one lane of the new dual carriageway had been coned off but it looked like it was a general vehicle check as the ANPR vans were out in full force as well as lots of police cars! The A43 heading into Northampton was at a standstill as cars were being pulled over!

It was abundantly clear from early on that our road was going down to one lane but it didn't stop an idiot trying to get past me! I had moved over to the middle of the road so he was stuck and the lorry behind me wouldn't let him in either! This is a real problem on this stretch of new road where people whizz down the outside lane and then try and nip in before the roundabout where the road goes back to one lane. It makes me really mad!

Keith and I returned home to prepare dinner of jacket potatoes and various yummy fillings before we relaxed for a while and watched a documentary on the First World War. We left to pick Sophie up shortly before 10pm and I drove to The Lamplighter where I expected her to be...only she had gone back to Alice's flat!

She'd had a few drinks in the pub so she was a bit merry. We, on the other hand, were as sober as judges!

No comments: