Wednesday 21 November 2018

Car troubles!

Thankfully, I wasn't at work today but after waving Sophie off at 8am and making myself a hot chocolate, she called ten minutes later to say that a warning light had appeared on the dashboard of her car. We managed to identify it as the tyre pressure warning light, so we told her to pull into the garage at Moulton and we would come straight out to her. We were both very worried that she would break down on the busy A45 which doesn't have a hard shoulder.

We both threw some clothes on (I can only guess at what I looked like with wild hair, a pale face and my glasses on!) and sped down to sort her out. To our dismay, the air machine wasn't working so we had no choice but to leave little ET on the road outside the garage and take her to work. We made it with two minutes to spare!

We then went back to the garage and I drove ET to the Tesco garage at the Weston Favell Centre. While Keith sorted the tyres out I put some diesel in my car and then we headed home. As soon as we got home I had a lovely hot shower and then helped Keith by driving ET up and down our driveway so he could try and see if one of the tyres had a puncture. He couldn't see anything but we decided that it would  be a good idea to go and get a tyre inflator, so we had one at home.

We'd said to Sophie we would take her out for lunch and on the way we called into Screwfix and bought a little inflator. We will both keep an eye on ET's tyre pressure in case there is a slow puncture going on!

We went to Riverside and the Costa there, and I had a bowl of porridge with honey. It was delicious and just what I fancied! Keith went into Sports Direct afterwards to get himself some thermal leggings to wear to football, but I sat in the car with Sophie as it hurt to walk about.

After dropping her off, it was straight home to sit on the sofa and snooze all afternoon. Very lazy, but it was all I wanted to do! I was really pleased to discover that the Hairy Bikers had an afternoon cookery show on - Comfort Food!

In the evening Keith and I drove ET down to get Sophie and everything seemed fine with the tyres, thank goodness!


No comments: