Sunday 18 November 2018

It's feeling very Christmassy!

I was up at about 6am and had a lovely lazy morning until it was time to go and fetch the Sunday newspapers. We called to see Mum and Dad and thanked them for a lovely evening last night.

Back home, Mike wanted to go to East Hunsbury, on the other side of Northampton, to see his latest girlfriend so Sophie and I gave him a lift there and came back to relax before deciding to go for a walk.

It's been a gorgeous day today with clear blue skies and lots of sunshine. We walked down to the bridge, just before you come to the village, and tried to play pooh sticks but the stream was too slow-moving and the sticks just stayed in the water!



We walked slowly back as I didn't feel that well, to be honest. My stomach hurt again and I really hoped it wasn't a repeat of what I had last year! We did manage a circuit of the estate with Monty, though, so that was good. He really seems to love going out for a walk with us!

Keith cooked a delicious roast turkey in the evening with all the trimmings but I felt I didn't do justice to it. It was a lot of hard work for him but he seemed to enjoy it!

After dinner we watched the start of "I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!" as I wanted to see the Christmas adverts. However, I was in bed before the John Lewis advert came on!

No comments: