Saturday 3 November 2018

Pottering about!

I had a lovely lazy start to the day by getting up at 6.30am and watching Grand Designs with a cup of coffee. It featured a cob house built over seven years and the finished result was gorgeous. I remember seeing the programme when it was first filmed all those years ago!

The weather looked set to be fine and dry and I had plans to get out and enjoy the sunshine if I could! Keith and I went to get the newspaper and after having toast for breakfast I made a start on cleaning my car. It was a lot milder than yesterday and very pleasant in the sunshine. After I'd finished my car I also cleaned Sophie's car and made sure both vehicles had enough water for the windscreen wash. If temperatures continue to dip we'll have to buy some de-icer!

Mum and Dad popped around at lunchtime and dropped off some of Mum's unwanted clothes. We had a cup of tea and a chat and then spent the afternoon sorting out the clothes, giving some of them a wash and an iron and putting them on eBay. I really love selling clothes on the site and laundering them so they look lovely. I know my Great-Great Grandmother was a "Wardrobe Dealer" (not the furniture, though!) so maybe it's in the blood!

Keith went to see Sileby play in the afternoon so Sophie and I had a late lunch and watched 90 Day Fiance with a cup of hot chocolate. When Keith arrived home he said he hadn't been able to get any shortcrust pastry at the Co-op in Moulton for dinner so I said I'd go with him to Mawsley. We'd planned on having just beef casserole for dinner, but my husband does love a pastry top to go with it! We couldn't find any in the shop so we settled for Yorkshire puddings instead. I think there was a firework display going on in the village as lots of people were walking to the field and cars were arriving to park outside of the shops.

Back home I jumped into the bath and then it was time for a glass of non-alcoholic wine before dinner...which was delicious, by the way!


No comments: