Wednesday 28 June 2017

Two quiet days...

I had Tuesday off work, so after dropping Sophie off, Keith and I went to do some shopping at Tesco. We shopped for just tonight and Wednesday as Keith feels up to tackling our big weekly shop on his own on Thursday. He is now back to driving and the pain he had after his operation is much reduced, thank goodness!

In the afternoon he had a follow-up appointment to see Mr Finch at the Three Shires hospital to talk about the operation. Mr Finch examined him and was pleased with his progress, so that was a relief! We were in and out by 3.30pm so it was back home before going out again to collect Sophie.

The weather today has been dull and overcast with hardly any sun and horrible thick cloud! Before dinner we played cards in the conservatory which was very pleasant indeed and then had an "indoor" barbecue which was delicious!

Sadly, Wednesday was my last day at CAB and I did feel sorry that I wouldn't be going again. Priya came in and it was her last day as well, so she bought us cream scones at lunchtime, which was lovely! We had a quiet day and I gave Gill a hug when we parted at the car park. I will really miss these sessions and would have been over the moon if I could have done the Receptionist's job as paid employment every day of the week.

It has rained for most of the day and after getting home Keith and I went to Mum and Dad's as the next two days will be very busy and I won't have time to pop over. The temperatures have been well down today and it has been distinctly chilly...what a change from last Wednesday!


No comments: