Friday 9 June 2017

A tale of two supermarkets!

I woke up at 3am this morning and checked the BBC news to discover that things were going very badly indeed for Theresa May...who would have thought it in the days following her decision to call the election, when the polls predicted she might get a landslide majority?

At 5.30am Keith came back to bed and said it was looking increasingly likely there would be a hung parliament with no party having overall majority. What a disaster for the Tories! She had the power and threw it all away!

I was at work today but had to give Sophie a lift first. I stayed and had a cup of coffee as I was way too early for work and anyway, I wanted to see what happened with putting all the signs and the trolleys out...!

I got to work at 9.55am and nothing had been done so I sat in my car until the absolute last minute. Even then nobody had taken them out! Petty, I know, but I was determined to let someone else do it today!

I went to get the lunch for the three of us today and went to Lidl again, which wasn't far away. As I came out the heavens opened and I got wet again! Not very funny! I also went to Sainsbury's in the afternoon to buy some food for the New Zealand wine tasting we were hosting in the evening and I was amazed to see that the car park had grown a roof! That just shows how long it's been since I visited this particular supermarket! It was nice to get out today and it certainly made the time pass quickly!

Keith went to the pub and I went to get Sophie and then it was home for a glass of wine. Sue popped around quickly in the evening and we arranged to meet for a glass of wine later in the week. I will have fun choosing a bottle from work!

No comments: