Sunday 25 June 2017

An afternoon treat.

It was lovely to think we had all of today off work and in the afternoon Sophie and I went to Beckworth to enjoy a glass of wine and a slice of cake. It was nowhere near as busy as I imagined it would be and we didn't have to wait at all for a table.

I chose a cheese scone served with cream cheese and tomato chutney, which was delicious. Sophie went for a Banoffee cake and we both had a glass of Pinot Grigio. Bliss!


We had a good chat and relaxed over our little treat. Afterwards, we had a mooch about and I resisted the temptation to buy some summer bedding plants. It wouldn't be fair on Mum if she had to water loads of baskets and pots while we're away so I just have two tubs that I want to keep and that should be pretty easy.

We also looked at the food as I needed some chorizo for the paella we're having later. Mike had eaten some, then decided he didn't like it and had thrown it on the lawn for the birds! However, Beckworth wanted over £6 for a chorizo sausage so we fled (the Warner Edwards Gin was £40 and Fever Tree tonic £3.99!!) and went to the Co-op in Moulton where I bought some slices for £1...a much better price!

It's been a pretty overcast day today and although we did sit in the garden for a while this morning, it hasn't been a lovely summery day. Sophie and Keith cooked paella in the evening for dinner and very good it was, too!

No comments: