Wednesday 7 June 2017

Approaching the end of an era...

I have given my notice in at the Citizens Advice Bureau and have told them my last day will be the 26 July. I feel a bit sad but the time is right to go and I will need to have every day free when I return from my holiday and go and look for work!

Tina, one of the managers, came over mid-morning and gave us some cream cakes as it's Volunteer Week. They were delicious after my sandwich at lunchtime! We had a steady day but I was very conscious of the time as I had to go to a quick training session at 3pm on debt. Gill was our only adviser this afternoon and of course, as we neared the finish time, we had an influx of people wanting advice. I had to turn several people away, which was a shame.

As soon as we were all finished and locked up I sped off and saw Tina again for the quick training session. As part of our standards we have to have all done some training on what to do with clients who are in debt and even though I'm not an adviser, I need to know what to do if we cannot see someone who is facing hardship.

Today has been lovely weather (on the whole) and the sun was shining when I left the town. Sophie was at work and had asked me to call in for a cup of tea, which was lovely. I had a chat with Maureen and Polly and then went home to sit with Keith on the sofa again until it was time to return to collect Sophie at 6.30pm.

We had a curry for dinner and it started raining again...more is on the way, apparently!

No comments: