Thursday 29 June 2017

My driving under scrutiny!

Yesterday afternoon I received a text from (nice) James to say that my Driver Awareness Training was going to take place today at 1pm. I had a pelvic ultra-sound booked for 5pm but I was assured that it would only last just over two hours so I was glad I didn't have to cancel my hospital appointment!

I took Sophie into work and neither of us really wanted to go today! I just have to keep thinking of the holiday awaiting us in a month's time!

My driving instructor arrived at midday and for the first hour we went through lots of paperwork and presentations on his iPad. He was a very friendly man with tonnes of driving experience (he even trains police officers) and we got on very well.

After tackling the paperwork side we we out to the van and checked it all over, including the tyres, oil, water and brake fluid. He even made sure that I could read a registration plate at the approved DVLA distance!

We went for about an hour's drive and firstly we had to fill up with fuel at the Shell garage near Junction 15. Nobody in the store had told me the pin number, but luckily the woman at the till was very understanding as I hurriedly called Jonathan!

We went out to the M1, turned off at junction 15 and drove towards Wellingborough before heading back into Northampton. John, the instructor, came up with some very helpful advice and gave a running commentary the whole way which I did find slightly off-putting, to be honest. However, I did learn some useful tips and he seemed to think I was OK, so it was a relief when it was all over and I headed home.

I quickly had a wash while Keith dropped Mike off at Brixworth and then we drove down to the hospital in Northampton. I really couldn't see why I was having this scan as I haven't had any pain for ages now but I suppose it was good to be on the safe side. Everything went really well and all my internal organs looked normal. I was glad I had no problems with my womb as my Mum had fibroids at my age and had to have a hysterectomy because of them.

Keith and I had an hour to kill before picking up Sophie so we went to the Britannia pub for a quick drink. There were lots of people in there stopping off for a drink before home and it was very noisy! We had a quick drink and then it was off to pick Sophie up from work, a game of cards and a couple of bottles of Leffe!

No comments: