Tuesday 20 June 2017

A day off?

Sophie was at work today but first she wanted to go to the university library to take some books back, and also to Next on Riverside.

It was a glorious morning and not too hot, which was lovely. I went into the library with Sophie as she had quite a few books to take back and I was very impressed with the facilities! From there we drove to Riverside and Sophie took some clothes back to Next that she'd bought. She said she would treat us to a coffee before we took her to work, which was lovely. This is how days off are supposed to be spent!

After dropping her off at work we went to check Mum and Dad's house and I watered the garden. We then made a trip to Aldi and Tesco as this was our only real chance of doing our shopping this week as I am back at work on Thursday and Friday.

Aldi had had a problem with its chiller cabinets so there was very little to choose from in the way of meats and refrigerated foods. As tomorrow was supposed to be hotter again, we wanted cold meats to go with salad so we bought what we could in the store and went over to Tesco.

The temperature still wasn't as high as it was yesterday morning when I drove to work - 27c - so it really did feel a lot fresher. I decided to tackle the garden in the afternoon as the lawn was covered with Eucalyptus leaves and it looked really shabby and untidy. I "mowed" the grass, hoovered up all the leaves and tidied the pots, some of which were way past their best. It looked so much better when I'd finished and Keith and I sat out for quite a while with Monty who enjoyed our company!

I then had a shower and we both lay on our bed watching Pointless until it was time to go and collect Sophie from work. She had had a better day, thank goodness, and didn't feel as hot as she did on Monday!


No comments: