Friday 2 June 2017

Back to work.

Keith and Sophie went for a walk this morning, and just as I was making myself some breakfast, Mike called to ask me to pick him up from Brixworth. I sped over there, a little worried about the time as I was at work today and needed to leave by 9.15am! Luckily, he was waiting for me, so we returned home, I finished my breakfast and set off for work.

Work was fairly quiet today and Lou, who works in another branch, came in to cover for the manager who is still absent.  We got on very well and at lunchtime I popped over to the nearby Subway to get us lunch. Typically, just as we were about to tuck in, we had an influx of customers, one of whom wandered about for a good twenty minutes before leaving empty-handed!

Just before I was due to leave, Sophie sent me a text asking me to collect her from work as she was able to finish early. I was only too happy to oblige! It was great to drive home and look forward to an evening of relaxation, although this was tempered slightly by the thought that I was at work on Saturday and Sunday this week...never mind!

I took Keith to the pub this evening as it was pouring with rain and went home to catch up on some TV with Sophie. We had decided to have fish and chips for dinner and after picking Keith up we drove to Broughton where the place was packed as usual and car parking spaces were at a premium. Keith and Sophie went in to get our supper and I amused myself by watching all the comings and goings around me. I wonder if the residents get fed up of all the cars trying to park when they visit the very popular Co-op and fish shop? I know I wouldn't want to live nearby!

No comments: